This Career Living Wage Calculator examines a few things. What is the financial and economic impact of moving families from a poverty wage to a high demand career that pays a family-wage? How might public safety-net benefits be impacted? What is the “big picture” economic impact overtime?
This calculator uses the following sources:
- Employment Security Department – Occupational employment projections and wage estimates for Pierce County 2016
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology – “Living Wage Calculator”
- Seattle Jobs Initiative – “Understanding Benefit Cliffs” 2015
- Use of 1 year of the Pell Grant
- 30% of Income is eligible for state Sales Tax